You know we love our turmeric. I mean we really, really do! Ours is particularly magic and special as it’s a single-source option which is stronger and better quality than others on the market. However with this it has a strong taste and we understand that this pot of golden goodness can also be hard to use in recipes other than curries. So we thought we’d share this yummy and simple breakfast/brunch recipe.
Turmeric scrambled eggs with the mother of all superfoods—the avocado. Served on sourdough or another bread of your choice. Or going carb free—no bread needed! It’s delicious and such an easy way of getting a daily hit of turmeric in. It suddenly gives a whole new spin on scrambled eggs.
In addition, it’s also a great recipe for an easy dinner and can be bulked out with some fresh spinach and tomatoes. But trust me—these eggs are good!
This recipe is from The Turmeric Cookbook—a brilliant book full of delicious recipes. I’ll be sharing a few more with you soon.
- 4 eggs
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon of hot paprika
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder
- 6 tablespoons milk (or non-dairy alternative)
- 2 thick slices sourdough bread
- 1 ripe avocado
- Juice ½ lemon
- Pinch of sea salt
- Whisk the eggs and spices in a bowl and add the milk.
- Preheat the grill and drizzle the bread with olive oil and sea salt flakes. Grill until toasted.
- Mash the avocado flesh with lemon juice and a little salt. Mix till smooth.
- Melt some butter or coconut oil in a nonstick pan over a high heat and add the eggs and a good pinch of salt. Leave for several seconds to start cooking the eggs on the bottom of the pan and then gently fold the eggs over into one another—do not stir. Remove from the heat when still slightly liquid.
- Spread toasted sourdough with the avocado and spoon over scrambled eggs. You can add chilli flakes here or just a good crack of black pepper.