Really excited to share our second dish with the Amazing Georgina Fuggle. This is a delicious refreshing starter or light lunch perfect for the weekend.
It's all about eating Raw and I know some people hate mixing fruit and savoury - Georgina and I happen to love it. Eating Raw is always nutrient rich and full of fibre. This is more just mixing fabulous ingredients and having a really delicious feast. I know Tiff also enjoyed eating clearer and fresher whist she was recovering. Vinegar and salty flavours were really important to her as chemo can change how you taste/eat. Prosciutto adds that salty taste and if your a bacon fan adding in this salty meat is a much better option as you tend to need less and it's so much leaner.
White Peach, Prosciutto and Almond salad
- 40g smoked almonds, skin on
- 2 white peaches, stoned and sliced into 8 crescents
- 6 slices of prosciutto
- A small handful of fennel fronds or dill leaves
- Juice of a lemon
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar with the mother
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Roughly chop the almonds in a hot pan until just toasted. Remove from the pan and allow to cool.
- Lightly combine all the dressing ingredients.
- Gently toss the the peaches, prosciutto and fennel fronds in a large bowl and pour over the dressing. Divide between four plates and scatter with almonds.